We are the midst of a big back to school bake off at the moment. I am madly stocking the freeze with sweet and savory lunch box items that will hopefully last us a few weeks if not a month.
One of the things we baked were Milo and Coconut Cookies (or biscuits). I used an old Chocolate biscuit recipe I had scribbled in my recipe notebook and instead of cocoa powder I used Milo.
I think they turned out great. If you try them, please let me know how you went.
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup shredded (or desiccated) coconut
- 2 tablespoons Milo
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Melt butter
- Mix all dry ingredients in bowl
- Create a well in the middle of dry ingriendants and add metled butter, egg and vanilla essence.
- Mix well
- Roll dough into table spoon size balls and place a lined baking tray. Remember to allow space for the cookies to expand.
- Cook for approx 10-15 minutes depending on your oven
- Hide from the kids or you won't have any left for school lunches.
I am linking up here:
Thriving on Thursdays