Thursday, February 18, 2016
What's in a doTERRA Essential Collection kit
The Essential Collection Kit is a collection of ten nurturing essential oils, including six single oils and four blends. It Iincludes 5 ml bottles of Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Oregano, Frankincense, Ice Blue®, Easy Air™, DigestZen®, and On Guard™.
What are some of the uses for these oils?
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
• Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
• Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.* • Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
• Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.*
• Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
• Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
• Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
• Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
• Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
• Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
• Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
• For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
• Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
• Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
• Take one drop daily to maintain healthy immune function. *
• Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function. *
• Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
• Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
• Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
• Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
• Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
• Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
• Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
• Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
• Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
• Diffuse, inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
• Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
• Diffuse at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
• Diffuse or inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest when environmental threats are high.
• Add a few drops to water to take internally or rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
• Have DigestZen on hand when enjoying heavy holiday meals to promote digestion.*
• Take DigestZen with you when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.*
• Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
• Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost.*
• Add to water for an effective all-purpose surface cleaner.
• Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.*
• Combine a few drops of dōTERRA On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser
I have the Essential Collection + Slim and Sassy and a diffuser and I can and will use most of those oils on any given day. It's a great start to your essential oils collection.
If you are interested in buying this kit you can find them by going here and selecting either of the options of Shop or 'Join & Save' (see image below).
To find out more about the different ways to purchase read this post.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These product are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.