Note that my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek right now! The only thing wild and outrageous about making 30 quilt blocks in 30 days is the thought that I might actually keep up to date and finish them all!
And here is the list of blocks that I'll be making:
1. Tic Tac Toe by Blossom Heart Quilts
2. Ribbon Star by Fresh Lemon Quilts
3. Another Star Block by Fresh Lemon Quilts
4. Two Colours Star block by Fresh Lemon Quilts
5. Churn Dash Block by Cluck Cluck Sew
6. Patchwork Wheel by Don't Call Me Betsy
7. Be good to your heart block by Diary of a Quilter
8. Disappearing 9 patch block- here's a fab tutorial if you've never made one.
9. Radiant Ring Block by Don't Call Me Betsy
10. Friendship Hexagon Block by Don't Call Me Betsy
11. Divide and Conquer Block by Don't Call Me Betsy
12. Magic 8 Ball by Blossom Heart Quilts
13. Quatrefoil by Clover & Violet via Blossom Heart Quilts
14. Homebase by Blossom Heart Quilts
15. Another 9 patch because we've hit the halfway mark and I'll need something easy!
16. Starflower Block from Ellison Lane
17. Cross Block Tutorial from Ellison Lane
18. Tic Tac Toe by Blossom Heart Quilts- Yes Again! This block is SO easy to put together
19. Make an improv block- There are no rules it just need to be 12.5 inches unfinished.
20. Economy Block finishing at 12.5 inches unfinished- this post from Cat Bird Quilts has the calculations for this block size.
21. Sailboat Block from She Can Sew
22. Dutchman's Puzzle from She Can Sew
23. Friendship Star from She Can Sew
24. Snowball block from She Can Sew
25. Rolling Diamonds from Knotty Gnome Crafts
26. Woven block by Sew Happy Geek
27. Churn Dash Block by Cluck Cluck Sew- I know AGAIN, but you could make a churn dash plus block instead...
28. Wonky Star Block- There are two tutes for this one, a vid from Missouri Star Quilt Co and a written tutorial from fibre of all sorts
29. Radiant Ring Block by Don't Call Me Betsy- Yeah, yeah, another repeat. Have you even tried to find 30 blocks that you'd like to make???
30. Birthday Cake block by Fat Quarter Shop! I'll be changing this block a little because I want to make only 12 inch blocks, but it seemed a fitting block for the final day!
And Yippee that's the end. Happy Birthday to ME!
So I'll be kicking this thing off on Thursday the 29th of October so I'll be finished the day before my birthday. I'm trying to be realistic here as I really don't think I'll have time to sew ON my actual birthday so I figure I best plan for that.
So... wish me luck! I think I'm gonna need it.