Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Petal Top Failure

On my weekend sewing list was a Petal Top for Mahli.


Now I don't know if it was me or the pattern but the sizing ended up a little tight across her tummy... 
So instead of scrapping it completely, I cut some slits up the side to give it a bit more give.


It worked and she will get a fair bit of wear out of it but I am not in love with the results, but I think I will give the pattern another go and see what I can do with it.

Have you had any pattern failures? Do they leave you feeling disheartened or do you just pull you socks up and keep going?

I pulled my socks up after this and quickly sewed Mahli a quick skirt to make me feel better, it worked and Mahli loved it!

4 comments :

  1. Hmm yes, I had a pattern fail recently - I had cut out three dresses from the pattern, had to alter it all over the place, luckily I'm not afraid to chop and change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you've used. I'll bet Mahli looks gorgeous in her new top x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is darling! I try tnot to call them failures, I just call them adventures! And I have a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! Thank you for stopping by on my blog and leaving your comments.

    The petal top is looks good. One of good thing about failure is it makes you think of other option and improvise what is necessary.
    Nice book ha! I also have one of that book! Lovely patterns. I've made 3 night dresses from this book. I used Japanese cotton fabric with lovely blossoms prints and colour contrast ribbons.

    Happy knitting to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...